Becoming a guy everyone notices in the room
Am sharing this from my personal experience as a sociable guy who has learnt how to be recognized in a crowd.
1. Always dress neat, clean and simple.(hey, you don’t need to sag)
2. Sit/stand straight and hold your chin up.
3. Sit/stand in a central position in the room. Stop hiding behind the pillars.
4. Make sure you don’t look lost or bored, be energetic and keep your hands busy with something (a glass of drink, a bottle water, etc…)
5. Don’t be shy; observe your surroundings.
6. Listen more than you speak, this way when you start talking everyone would immediately pay attention.
7. Speak thoughtfully and clearly, mind your tone, and back your opinions with strong evidence and statistics.
8. Be a good story teller, but keep them short and end with a punch line. (Please not boring and weird stories)
9. Be quick with jokes, sarcasm and one-liners and keep a straight face while delivering them. Don’t abuse or hurt anyone with that.
10. Don’t easily get excited/frustrated during conversations.
11. Be polite and well mannered.
12. Don’t be afraid to express yourself. Look them in the eye.
13. Don’t be ultra agreeable, learn to say “no” whenever you need to, this way people will find you more intimidating.
These does not exhaust them all.